Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Water Cooler Repossession

The title of this blog post means exactly what you think it means. The water cooler was taken away at work today. I was sitting at my desk when a delivery man asked to see the person who was in charge. I went to find Leah, the temporary CEO after the slight "restructuring" that happened a few weeks ago. What happened after this....well it might be the subject of my first short film so I don't want to give away too much. Basically, we refused to relinquish the water cooler, siting lack of a warrant, and the water cooler guy said we hadn't paid for it in months. Money money money. That's always the problem it seems. Once the cooler was gone things were pretty awkward in the office. I think this was the first time I actually felt the financial burden of running a company. The film world is definitely one of luxury and in the current competitive market, I guess the water cooler can't even make it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment