Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nitehawk Cinema Northside Cont.

Today I was finally able to watch a film in the Northside Film Festival. There were complications Tuesday (as always the unpaid intern doesn't get told all the details...but no hard feelings!) but today was the day! After trekking what seemed like millions of promotional fliers to the theatre Monday after work (the one hour commute to Brooklyn from my UWS apartment is not fun, but I have to say...definitely worth it) I was finally able to sit down and enjoy one of New York's best independent theaters (and there are a lot, trust me).
I watched a film called Everyday, Saturday. You can read my review of the film here, and my Q&A with director Dorian Tocker here. It was really awesome to see someone so young have their film premiere at a festival in Brooklyn. The crowd was small but appreciative and I can tell this won't be his last film. It gave me inspiration to pick up my own camera and have some fun with it while I'm here. Sometimes you just have to create what you've been lingering on forever.
Nitehawk Cinema was also amazing. They have a delicious menu and really creative film screenings, as well as a wall filled with obscure and awesome VHS movies. Definitely a place I'll be frequenting for the rest of my time in the city. I love these midday explorations :D.


No comments:

Post a Comment