Monday, July 23, 2012

Event Planning Fun

It's my last week at IndiePix and I have finally been given something new to do (other than spreadsheet madness) which is exciting and challenging! I am currently working on promoting the premiere for our big summer release: Concrete Circus. The documentary is really interesting and everyone should watch it once it comes out even if you're not familiar with the skateboard/motocross/BMX world.
I'm completely new to the world of marketing and event planning and so far it's been fun. Pulling out contacts from people, I've realized that I even had a few personal friends who could help out. It was a lucky coincidence but one which made all the difference since it meant Red Bull giving us a shout out on their Twitter! Yay!
The other half of the work is all on spreadsheets, but it feels more like organizing research this time and less like busy work. It's all a give and take I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment